DECEMBER - HOPE, PEACE, JOY & LOVE
“And they were calling to one another: “Holy, holy, holy is the Lord Almighty; the whole earth is full of his glory.” Isaiah 6:3
“The people walking in darkness have seen a great light; on those living in the land of deep darkness a light has dawned.” Isaiah 9:2
“But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news that will cause great joy for all the people. Today in the town of David a Savior has been born to you; he is the Messiah, the Lord. This will be a sign to you: You will find a baby wrapped in cloths and lying in a manger.” Suddenly a great company of the heavenly host appeared with the angel, praising God and saying, “Glory to God in the highest heaven, and on earth peace to those on whom his favor rests.” Luke 2:10-14
“Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.” John 14:27
“And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.”
1 Corinthians 13:13
“‘He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death’ or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away.” Revelation 21:4
Please pray for the following:
· The victims of the California fires, hurricanes and other natural disasters.
· Our daughters in Haiti, missionaries worldwide and persecuted Christians.
· Those for whom the holidays bring grief and pain. Comfort those who suffer.
· Our Pastors, church staff and their families. Renewed strength and peace.
· Those battling cancer and chronic illness and their caregivers.
· Marriages and families - that God would be the center of the home.
· That joyful love and perfect peace would radiate from every believer and touch the hearts of those who do not know our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.
Most merciful God, as we walk through the valleys of life and a world filled with darkness, guide our paths, guard our hearts and protect us from evil. Set our hearts on fire with an unquenchable desire to know and serve you. Let this fire be reflected in our prayers. Take us to the places where you would go and give us the words you would use. That in this season of light and promise, we would point the way to you, Jesus, the light of the world.
“Examine me, O God, and know my thoughts; test me, and understand my misgivings. Watch lest I follow any path that grieves you; guide me in the ancient ways.”
Psalm 139: 23-24
“The Lord bless you and keep you; the Lord make His face shine on you and be gracious to you the Lord turn his face toward you and give you peace.” Numbers 6:22-26